Nautical Ceiling Light.
The light’s low height at just 23 cm (9,05 inches) allows us to place it on the ceiling or wall.
Suitable for outdoor areas such as terraces, gardens, courtyards, garages, walkways and elsewhere.
It would be remiss if a rugged outdoor lamp such as the ART BR4069 Brass was not combined with a thick glass that can withstand accidental knocks.
Nautical Ceiling Light
The light fixture is cast in brass.
– Brass is a metal alloy that is durable even under adverse conditions.
– It is not affected by UV rays.
– It can withstand high ambient temperatures.
– It behaves ideally in very low temperatures, such as those prevailing in the Northern Hemisphere with snow and frost.
– It does not rust by rain and humidity.
– It is not damaged even when placed in areas close to the sea or the oceans, where the sea breeze bathes them day and night.
– Brass is resistant to sea air that contains both water droplets and salt.
– Brass is an eco-friendly metal alloy which can be recycled through the proper treatment.
An important property of brass is that, after some time, it acquires a natural oxidation coating on its surface.
Oxidation, also known as patina, is what protects brass for many decades.
The Statue of Liberty owes its color to patina.
Lights with a natural oxidation (patina) have a dark green/brown hue. A unique, old age beauty.
We can easily remove patina and restore our light fixtures to their original state if desired.
The color of brass resembles that of gold; the more we polish brass, the more it resembles the color of gold.
To maintain brass’s gold shade, a special varnish should be applied on its surface, which prevents it from coming into contact with air.
Lamps with a varnish on their surface are usually used indoors.
We avoid using varnishes on our outdoor light fixtures, with certain exceptions.